Just a quick update on our final two weeks of the 1st quarter:
- We will be having our first unit test in Science this Wednesday - Rocks and Minerals. Students should be reviewing our investigations in their journal and using their study guide to prepare for the test. We will have a review day Tuesday in class.
- Tonight's Social Studies homework is on the Discovery Website. Your child will need to log on and go to their assignments page and finish the "How NC became a Royal Colony". This assignment was shown to them and they have already set up their answer page in the SS notebook.
- Student Council campaigning and elections will take place next week. Any student can run for the 2 student council representative positions for each class if they are maintaining good grades and are exhibiting good behavior. Permission forms must be signed by parents. Students may make posters for their campaign and must give a 2 minute speech to the class informing us why you would be a good representative.
- We will be celebrating filling our ticket jars on Friday the 26th with electronics day and brownies/ice cream. Both classes worked very hard to contribute to our class goal for a party and individual students will also be a part of the raffle drawing. Our room parents will be sending out a notice for all to contribute to our celebration.
- We are working hard to accommodate all of our conferences before and after school. If you were unable to find a slot on our website, please email us with some times that would work for you. We have conflicting schedules after school ourselves, but we will be sure to find a time to meet with everyone.
- Mr. Tony Peacock, writer in residence is here this week working with our students. We are very excited to have a writer/author share his expertise and stories with us. Please thank and support our PTA for funding this excellent experience for our students.
- We will be sending home some of your child's materials in their backpacks when wetrack out. While we are not moving out of our rooms, we need to empty our desks to make the room available for other classes or events when we are not here. Please do not unpack backpacks - we will need everything to come back in October!
- our Boosterthon fundraiser begins and ends next week. Boosterthon funds have allowed us to purchase netbooks for each upper grade class, ceiling mounts for our projectors, and additional ipads to add to the 10 we purchased the year before! This fundraiser allows our students to participate directly in the work of fundraising andenjoy the rewards it provides.
Thank you for all of your support - we are looking forward to a fabulous 4th grade year!